Great writeup on how PayPal saw huge boosts using Node.js in production.
Some cool facts from the article.
- Built almost twice as fast with fewer people
- Written in 33% fewer lines of code
- Constructed with 40% fewer files
- Double the requests per second vs. the Java application.
- 35% decrease in the average response time for the same page.
That’s amazing. Node is here to stay.
This is a great article on how Bitcoin really works. Michael did a great job in building up the fundamental knowledge you need to understand the protocol.
What really interests me is the bitcoin scripting language and how you can essentially have programmable money. Thats fascinating and exciting.
Debugging Performance Issues Performance problems are best resolved with a methodical approach. Except in cases of clear regressions and other simple…
These are great tips on how to debug performance issues when in production.